Do you want to buy a laptop for gaming? If so, you need to know the difference between a gaming laptop and a regular laptop. A regular laptop is not designed for gaming, so it won’t have the same features as a gaming laptop. In this blog post, I will explain the differences between gaming laptops and regular laptops. I will also provide tips on how to choose the right laptop for your needs. So if you’re looking for a new laptop and you want one that is good for gaming, keep reading!
What is Regular Laptop
Regular laptops are not designed to play games. They often don’t have the right graphics card, display resolution or video memory for serious gaming. That’s why if you’re looking for a laptop that is good for gaming, you should buy a gaming laptop instead of a regular laptop.
What is Gaming Laptop
-Gaming laptops have a graphics card of the nVidia GTX 1050 or better/AMD Radeon RX 460 or better, an i5 or better processor, windows 10 operating system, a 15 inch screen size or bigger and 4 USB ports and 1 HDMI port or more connectivity. -Regular laptops have a graphics card of the nVidia 940M or less, an i3-6100H or less processor, and a 13 inch screen size.
When buying a gaming laptop, there are certain features and specifications you should look out for:
– Graphics card: the higher quality graphics card, the better your laptop will perform when playing games. If it has nVidia GTX 10 series or AMD Radeon RX 500 series graphics cards , it will be good for high-end 3D games . If it has an nVidia GTX 870M , 940MX , 1050 or 1050Ti , it will be good for mid-range games. If it has an nVidia 940M , it will be good for low end games .
– Screen resolution: the higher the resolution, the better your laptop’s display quality will be (so you can see everything in detail). If it supports 1080p Full HD , it will be good for low-end games. If it supports 1440p QHD , it will be good for mid-range games . If it supports 4K UHD , you can play high end 3D games on it smoothly.
– Video memory: the higher the video memory, the more textures your laptop’s graphics card (GPU) will be able to store in its memory. This makes the game run faster (and improves 3D rendering). If it has 2GB , it will be good for older games . If it has 4GB , it will be good for mid-range games . If it has 6GB or 8GB , you can play high end 3D games on your laptop smoothly.
– Processor: the higher the processor speed, the faster your laptop’s CPU will be. Laptops with a fast processor speed are good for high end 3D games because they can calculate complex graphics quickly. If it has an i3-6100H , it will be good for low end games . If it has an i5-6300HQ , it will be good for mid-range games . If it has an i7-6700HQ or better, you can play high end 3D games on your laptop smoothly.
– Operating system: Windows 10 is the best operating system for gaming because it supports DirectX 12. So if you’re looking to buy a new laptop, make sure it runs on Windows 10.
– Screen size: bigger screens are better for gaming because they give you more room to see everything in detail. If it has a 13 inch screen size, you should check the other specifications carefully before buying it. If it has a 14 inch screen size or 15 inch screen size, it will be good for high end 3D games.
– Storage: the higher the storage (1TB and above), the more space you’ll have to store your games. If it has 512GB or less, you can only store one or two mid-range games on it. Laptops with 1TB and above will be good for storing lots of mid and high end games.
– Connectivity: the more USB ports and HDMI ports your laptop has, the easier it will be to connect external devices (like a mouse and headphones).
Laptops with these specifications are good for gaming:
– Graphics card: nVidia GTX 1050 or better / AMD Radeon RX 460 or better .
– Processor: i5 or better.
– Operating system: Windows 10 .
– Screen size: 15 inch screen size or bigger.
– Storage: 1TB and above.
– Connectivity: 4 USB ports and 1 HDMI port or more.
So if you’re looking to buy a laptop that is good for gaming, remember that you should not buy a regular laptop. Instead, buy a gaming laptop!